The Iconic Man's: Triceps Workouts
Not long ago we talked to you about your best “show” muscles as an iconic man (ahem, in case you missed it, yes! We are talking about your biceps). So now we are back to help you strengthen a different muscle group, this time we are focusing on triceps workouts.
Don’t forget that working and diet are key components in helping you reach your goals. Don’t know where to start to target your triceps? Don’t worry, we got you covered and will help you become an iconic man! It’s not that hard, all we require is dedication and commitment. Oh, and willingness to put in the hard work! Good things, although they come, they don’t come easy. Overnight success doesn’t really work with your body. You have to be disciplined and ready to sweat.
It’s time to hit the gym (or whatever equipment and space you have available). There is always more than one workout you can use to target muscle groups to strengthen them and in turn tone them. You’ll definitely want to have some weights with you or any other object with some weight that you can use. Please be mindful of using something that’s safe and won’t cause accidental harm to you or anyone nearby.
Here are the top 5 best triceps workouts to strengthen and tone your arms and become an iconic man:
1. Close hands pushup: Sounds basic, right? Fair warning: This. Will. Burn. It’ll be hard, it’ll hurt, and you’ll be ready to give up within the first second. But guess what? Back to basics never fails. I personally like this one. I might not be able to do too many of them in a row, but I can feel my muscles engage every time I perform this exercise. Standard pushups are great for your chest and arms but having your hands closer to each other will help engage your triceps even more. Yes, your pecs will still benefit from this workout, but your triceps will be the main muscles impacted and they will burn.
2. Standing dumbbell overhead triceps extension: Grab a set of dumb-bells (or two objects with the desired weight) and get flexing. This is yet another classic exercise that will set your triceps on fire. But be careful not to grab too much weight so you can keep a straight spine. You want to be able to control the motion through both the eccentric and concentric phases without the equipment dropping on your head. I’ve made this mistake plenty of times before. Not that I hit my head, but too much weight caused me to bend my back too much and throw my hips back. I didn’t feel it then, but the following day I could tell my back had sustained some additional stress from holding something that was too heavy for me. Be mindful of this.
3. Dips: No, we are not talking about ranch dips and cheese deeps. We are talking about body weight dips. Because you will be lifting your entire bodyweight, your triceps will fully engage to work against a much heavier load than they would if you were performing an exercise that focuses or isolates the triceps. I’m a big fan of this specific exercise. By the first dip I can already feel my triceps tightening to sustain the weight. The first time I did it I thought I was about to rip a muscle. But fear not! That’s just your triceps engaging and working (which is what you want!).
4. Close-grip bench press: The bench press is the perfect exercise to work your chest and core. But again, just like the close hands push up, you can easily add a change in grip to help expand your arms. Personally, not a huge fan of this one because I can’t add too much weight and I feel like I’m not working out as hard, but it does work, and I’ve seen results.
5. Rope triceps pressdown: This is yet another exercise that will make you feel like your triceps are on fire, especially if you perform it as one of your last sets. This move is completely focused on your triceps. Don’t use too much weight because otherwise you’ll involve your back and shoulder muscles, defeating the purpose of just working on your triceps. If you’re looking to challenge yourself, do it towards the end of your workout.
Add some of these triceps workouts during your next arm routine and keep increasing the weight for best results. Just remember to always do a weight that you can handle. You will be able to do more weight, but it should be a steady increase. Just like the biceps workouts, stick to the usual three sets and 12 repetitions for each. Don’t forget, triceps workouts pave the way for an iconic man with iconic arms! Check out our article on “5 Healthy Snacks For Weight Loss To Satisfy Your Cravings” and start getting fit today.
user rating : 5.00 stars (7 votes)