No matches on Tinder? Here`s how you can improve your profile
First impressions on Tinder. How to make women swipe right
You certainly already know what Tinder is, how it works and what an extremely popular phenomenon it has become. Men and women of all ages and all backgrounds use it, get matches and go on dates. Some of them share stories with you about the meaningful conversations or wonderful sex they’ve had with people from Tinder. Some of them entered into long lasting relationships or even got married. Others are winning the laughs of their workmates by coming daily with a new story about yet another failed date. Everything started with a swipe.
Wherever the swiping game leads, they seem to have somehow unlocked the matching mechanism. On the other side, while the world is enjoying the benefits of fast dating your matches screen is still empty. You already lowered your standards as much as you could, changed a few profile pictures or descriptions, but the results still fail to appear.
If you can relate to this story, it is time to improve your Tinder profile. Though there is no such thing as the perfect formula, you can definitely create a winning strategy by considering the following advice!
First thing you can do is to change your attitude
New York Times published a statistic revealing the swiping habits on Tinder of both men and women. According to it, 46% of the time men swipe right, while women do it only 14% of the time. At first glance, the data might seem discouraging. And you are tempted to think women are too picky and almost nothing would persuade them to offer you a chance.
Instead I suggest you to see it as a vicious circle you are invited to break. Stop thinking about how you do it, and instead focus on how they do it. Improving your Tinder profile means to see it through the eyes of a woman and pay attention to all the details.
When men lower their standards to have more chances of a match, women faced with an abundance of matches would increase theirs. The consequence of this is that they will pay more attention in the first selection phase wanting to avoid the awkward and time-consuming situation of having an over-crowded matching list populated with incompatible men.
Women will look first at your physical appearance, but then they will look for signs of compatibility, for inhibitors and for red flags. They are way more prone than you to make a basic assessment about how a date might turn out and if your lifestyles are compatible.
Let’s see how you can improve your Tinder profile and encourage potential partners to want to bring you further, to the conversation phase.
What makes a good profile picture?
The profile picture is the first element somebody sees and most of the time its also the only one. The best option is to choose something simple and clear that will give an accurate idea about who you are – a close-up picture of yourself will be just perfect.
When they swipe, women would rarely further investigate a profile that doesn’t show an actual human being. Since there is no social stigma connected with using Tinder, choosing not to show yourself means you have something to hide. It is a huge red flag. It means the man behind is married or has a significant other in his life. It means he is not who he pretends to be, maybe a much older or much younger person, perhaps simply searching for nothing more than an arousing conversation. Or maybe he is simply too ugly.
When the market is so full and the offers exceed the demand, not too many women would want to take the chance and progress to blind chatting.
- The background of your portrait can be outdoors, a pub or coffee place, a street, somewhere you enjoy;
- Choose a style that is most representative for you, both casual or smart work well;
- Smile. This sends a message that you are open, honest and nice. You can use your sexy wild look for one of the next pictures.
- No selfies. Selfies transmit lack of confidence, lack of masculinity and a little too much self-concern;
- No group photos. It might send the wrong impression that you don’t have your own personality or you are not confident enough about it;
- No photos inside the house or at work (or even worse in the elevator of your company!). You want to give the impression that you are more than a social robot;
- No blurry, bad quality or filters. Again, it shows you have something to hide;
- No pictures with your hobbies. You can add them later with the other pictures.
What about the rest of the pictures?
One picture is not enough to create the impression you are interesting and approachable. But too many is not a good choice either. 3 to 5 well chosen pictures are enough to show them the kind of person you are. Too many just makes you look desperate and on a mission to just find somebody.
Now let’s see what to choose to enhance the positive first impression of your profile picture.
- Choose pictures that represent various sides of your personality and show you are not boring. If you are confident enough about what you are showing, you can try to be a little bit controversial. It will just make them think more about who you really are. You can combine pictures where you look classy and smart with others where you are casual or untidy, such as on the beach, or at night.
- You can now introduce group photos, pictures with your hobbies or even a good image with you at home. But be careful not to add 3 images that are all talking about the same thing.
- Choose photos that could trigger conversation. You can use them to make the girl you will match with feel more comfortable to ask questions about you.
- Don’t choose an obvious descending order of attractiveness for your photos. What a woman will think in this case is that if your photos are going from worse to worse, in real life the disappointment will be the same. Be sure to choose strong clear and charismatic photos, both for the main image and the last one.
- Don’t use photos that would indicate you have an extreme lifestyle. Even if certain women see this as compatible, you will decrease your matching chances and drive away potential partners. Extreme lifestyle can indicate issues with alcohol or video gaming or even someone who spends their whole life in the gym.
- Don’t use photos that show you together with other girls or with children. Even if you have relationships perfectly compatible with dating, the image can scare women away.
While the first picture can result in an instant no or a potential yes, your description transforms the potential yes into a definite yes or no. Even if most women that swipe don’t go so far as to read what you had to share, those of them who do will certainly value and analyse the message, especially the style and the grammar!
They will try to discover the hidden message behind the words: what type of relationship you are looking for, what kind of personality you have, what is your social, professional and financial status, how much you would be able to entertain them and much more, depending on what they are interested in.
- Use short sentences and press the enter button as much as possible. This will make your description not only easier to read, but also easier to be remembered;
- Show you are positive. Nobody likes a person who complains too much or somebody who is not able to appreciate the small joys of life. You may suggest you love your lifestyle, your job or your hobbies;
- Try to be both modest and confident, and most important, fun to be around. Don’t brag, presenting a list of your achievements is good for a job interview, but not if you want to impress the ladies.
- Don’t show you are desperate by talking too much about how committed you are to find a long term relationship with anybody or about how good you will be in a future relationship. Just present yourself in a friendly way;
- Don’t make offensive remarks about people you do not want to talk with;
- Do not suggest your lifestyle is too healthy or too unhealthy;
- Do not pretend you are a sapiosexual! It is too much of a cliché.
Improving your Tinder profile in order to actually get a match with the ladies you like might seem like an impossible mission. But all the effort will prove to be worthwhile when you see your matching screen full of opportunities. The good thing is that, no matter the style you are going for, the attention to detail will be rewarded every time.
And to state the obvious… a match on Tinder is just the beginning of a long seduction game that can end after you write her the first message, or that can last forever.
user rating : 4.93 stars (174 votes)