The Iconic Man's: Leg Workouts
The Top 5 best Cardio Workouts for men
Guess what? It’s leg day! That’s right. Get ready to walk your talk - literally. You can focus on upper body, but lower body is equally as important. Unless you’re OK walking around with thin legs. Hey, we won’t judge you. But we are here to share a few ideal below-the-belt moves to turn those legs into the legs of an iconic man. Get ready to strut!
By performing the right exercises you’ll help pump blood into the largest muscles in the lower body area, which also means burning more calories and toning your body (calves included). In fact, without strong legs you can’t really work on a strong core. And without strong arms, you can’t really have a strong core either. Bottom line: every body part plays an important role.
Are you wondering which leg move is the best one to tone your legs? Wonder no more, we have the ideal exercises listed for you.
Here are the top 5 best leg workouts to strengthen and tone your legs and become an iconic man:
1. Single leg glute bridge: That’s right, baby got back! As the name says it, this exercise will target your glutes ‘real good’. But this move can target other areas too. The glute bridge also helps your lower back and your hamstrings, which are incredibly important areas for increasing your squat and improving your explosive power. It looks easy, I’ve tried it. But the more you do them, the more they burn. I like to add a bit of weight (grab a weight band that you can wrap around your leg) to increase resistance. It burns but it’s a great workout.
2. Deadlift: No, you won’t die. Although you might feel like it after a few reps. Again, nothing like going back to the basics. Your lower-body staple will build significant size in your legs and you will build a strong posterior chain that will help with posture issues and add a few inches to your overall height. Make sure to only add weight that you can handle and don’t go too crazy at first. You will build muscle, but you won’t want to injure yourself. Be careful with your back when lowering the bar. I like to wrap a belt around my waist to make sure I sustain proper posture throughout.
3. Barbell step up: Step ups suck, let alone if you add a barbell. But you know what? It works! And in fact, it’s an efficient move to build your calves. This move is also great for preventing imbalances. This move ensures both legs get a good workout. Yes, you will need a little balance and a little patience. I like to do this workout at the beginning just to get it out of the way, but I make sure I do it nonetheless.
4. Kettlebell pistol squat: Talking about imbalances, this will require all your focus. Need to target those pins? This is an advanced exercise that develops hip control and develops the full range of ankle and knee joints. You might want to leave this move more towards the end once your muscles are warmed up. I did it once at the beginning of my work-out without properly warming up and my ankle felt a bit of strain. Be mindful.
5. Barbell squat: You know we weren’t going to leave out the squat. I used to really dislike this move but learned to love it over time. This is the classic move of all leg moves that hikes up your muscle-building T-levels, by targeting your larger muscle fibers. You should always do squats on every leg day. It’s basic but it’s efficient. Over time, your squat will get better. Just be patient and keep working on it. Oh, and get ready for really toned legs!
Legs are fundamental. The stronger they are, the better your exercises and the more reps and weight you will be able to do over time. Try to get a couple of leg days in your week and you’ll be golden. And as always, leg workouts pave the way for an iconic man with iconic legs! Looking to work on your arms as well? Make sure to check out our article on “The Top 5 Best Tricep Workouts For Men” and start getting fit today.
user rating : 5.00 stars (7 votes)